Friday, January 31, 2014

Grooves - Zesty Cheddar Ranch and Sharp White Cheddar


So I bought the Zesty Cheddar Ranch Grooves first.  When I initially opened the box I was greeted with an almost chemical-y smell.  The crackers were not to my liking.  There was something off, I couldn't figure out if it was the cracker (made partially with rice flour), or the seasoning.  So I went out and got a box of the Sharp White Cheddar.  These were much better.  It was obvious that the Cheddar Ranch seasoning is what I didn't like.  The crackers are lighter, crispier, and crunchier than the regular Cheez-Its.  Since the Sharp White Cheddar flavoring is much lighter than the Cheddar Ranch, you can taste the cracker more fully.  I like these crispy crackers.  It's too bad the Cheddar Ranch isn't better; I won't buy that again.  But I suppose the White Cheddar will do well as a stand-in to one of the many white-cheese Cheez-Its.

No comments: